Mepco Bill Online
Enter your bill reference number to check the latest mepco bill online. Mepco stands for Multan Electric Power Supply Company. It is an electric power distribution company that supplies electricity to almost 13 districts of Punjab, Pakistan. It covers around 34 million people in south Punjab. It was founded in the year of 1998 and has served consumers for 22 years continuously with dedication and lightning in their houses.
Mepco bill is distributed to the consumer monthly. They receive this bill and have to pay it within the due date. They can also pay it online or they need to bank and pay there. Paying after the due date results in extra charges. There could be many reasons for not getting their bill on due date but they still can have mepco online bill. Check the mepco bill online is not very complex. Consumers simply can visit checkbill.pk and can check mepco online bill and download it. All banks across the country accept mepco duplicate bills and consumers can pay them without any hesitation. Online mepco bill has made life easier for the people of south Punjab.
How to check Mepco Bill Online
Multan Electric Power Company, also called MEPCO, is responsible for the supply of electricity in the Multan region and its surroundings in the southern area of Pakistan. It was established in 1998 as one of the eight subcategories of WAPDA to ensure the prompt distribution of electricity in the allocated areas. This division proved quite helpful for all the country’s regions as there was a division of energy supply in the different regions according to the demand of that particular region, which ensured better performance from the company. The areas covered by Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO) are as follows ;
Dera ghazi khan
Rahim yar khan
So, if you need to confirm your electric power supply area and are from one of the cities mentioned above, then your location falls under MEPCO. Being the primary source of power supply to carry out most of the everyday tasks, electricity still stands as the most expensive energy source in our country. It is also noticeable that the more you use the electricity during peak hours (usually daytime hours) more the units are multiplied, and the more the bill is charged to the consumer.
It is always advised by the government of Pakistan on all platforms to lessen the consumption of energy sources due to a scarcity of energy resources in our country. Different ways to help yourself receive a decent amount of electricity bills are also mentioned at the back of every paper bill, sent to our homes/offices every month.
Every energy source is charged in the form of bills to be paid in the allocated banks of a particular area of consumers. The received bill also has a limited time in which it is supposed to be paid, and not conform to that period, a substantial fine is charged. To avoid this inconvenience, there is always a way to help things work faster, and instead of waiting for your bill to be delivered until the last date, you can check your bills online.
As it might sound, it is not a difficult task to get a duplicate copy of your MEPCO bill online. As Internet has now made its way to every household of Pakistan; and it is just a matter of a few right clicks to get your bill from the Internet.
It is also noteworthy that to get a duplicate of your MEPCO bill; you do not need the CNIC number of any person in the family. Instead, you only need the 14-digit reference number from any of the old electricity bills. All you have to do is make sure that you have the correct reference number.
You can find the Due Date column in the above photo, which is the date before which your bill should be paid in the bank. In the red column that blinks, you can find the personalized reference number of your bill, which you need to get a new copy of the bill from the Internet.
Can I get a copy of the electricity bill from my mobile phone? Yes, you definitely can get a duplicate of your MEPCO electricity bill from your mobile phone. All you have to do is to visit our website checkbill.pk
Then choose your desired utility bill from the list and click the CHECK BILL option by entering reference number of your bill. The process is described below in the diagram.
Once you have entered the correct reference number, click the View button below it to find your duplicate MEPCO electricity bill. In case you cannot find the reference number of the bill, you can also use the option for customer id. You can log your customer id mentioned on the bill and click the View button to find your duplicate copy of the bill.
Our website is all designed for the convenience of our users. Besides electricity bills, you can also find other utility bills on our websites, such as Gas Bill and Water Bill.
Understanding the Bill
Bill Payment Due Date
The MEPCO bill clearly mentions the due date by which the payment must be made. Consumers have to pay their electricity bill by the due date to avoid late payment fines and disconnection.
The due date is usually 15-20 days from the bill issuance date. MEPCO provides a 5-7 day grace period after the due date as well. However, a late payment surcharge of 5% is applied if the bill is paid after the due date.
Peak Electricity Usage Hours
MEPCO divides the day into peak and off-peak hours based on electricity demand. Peak hours witness the highest demand and consumers are charged at a higher per unit rate during these hours.
MEPCO’s peak hours are:
- 6 PM to 10 PM daily
- The entire day on Saturday
- During summer peak hours are extended from 6 PM to 12 AM
Consumers can reduce their electricity costs by shifting usage to off-peak hours when possible.
Taxes and Surcharges
The MEPCO bill applies various taxes and surcharges as per government regulations:
Fuel Price Adjustment Surcharge
This surcharge accounts for variations in fuel prices used for electricity generation. It can be positive or negative.
Tariff Rationalization Surcharge
Levied for power sector reforms and improvements in transmission systems.
Financing Cost Surcharge
Applied on loans taken by power companies from the government.
Deferred Amount Tax
Tax on unpaid amounts carried forward from previous bills.
Installment Payment Option
For bills exceeding Rs. 4,000, consumers can opt to pay the bill in installments. To register, visit the nearest MEPCO customer service center along with a copy of the high bill.
The bill amount will be divided into equal monthly installments. However, all installment amounts must be cleared within 6 months.
Getting New Connection
To get a new electricity connection from MEPCO, you need to submit the following documents at your nearest MEPCO customer service center:
- Application form for new connection
- ID card copy
- Property ownership/rental documents
- Electrical wiring test report from a licensed contractor
MEPCO will process the application and install a new meter connection within 6-8 weeks if all requirements are met.
If you are moving to a new location within MEPCO’s supply area, you can transfer your electricity connection by:
- Submitting a connection transfer application at the MEPCO office
- Providing ID card copy and rent/ownership papers for new property
- Paying security deposit and processing fee
The connection will be disconnected at your old address and activated at your new address within 1-2 billing cycles.
To permanently disconnect your MEPCO electricity connection, visit your area MEPCO office and submit the following:
- Account closure application
- Copy of ID card
- Last paid electricity bill
MEPCO will disconnect the supply and refund your security deposit after deducting any outstanding dues within 3 months.
Paying the Bill
MEPCO offers multiple methods to pay your electricity bill conveniently before the due date.
Here are some payment methods that you may use to pay your bill.
Cash Payment at Designated Banks
You can pay in cash at designated MEPCO collection branches of major banks like MCB, HBL, ABL, etc.
Online Using Credit/Debit Card
Log in to the MEPCO website and select “Online Bill Payment”. Enter your card details securely to make the payment.
Mobile Wallets Like EasyPaisa and JazzCash
MEPCO has partnered with EasyPaisa and JazzCash to enable mobile bill payments. Pay directly via their mobile apps.
Over the Counter at Designated Shops
You can pay in cash or card at approved E-Sewa shops, petrol pumps, and other outlets displaying MEPCO payment signage.
Bill Calculator to Estimate Amount
Use MEPCO’s online bill calculator to estimate your monthly bill amount based on consumed units. This helps in budgeting.
Print/Download Bill Copy
Log in to your MEPCO account online to print/download PDF copies of your current and previous electricity bills.
Reducing Electricity Costs
Tips to Save Electricity
- Replace regular bulbs with LED bulbs to reduce consumption
- Lower AC temperature setting and use energy saver mode
- Turn off all non-essential lights and appliances when not in use
- Use solar energy where possible e.g. solar tubes, panels
- Insulate your home to prevent heat/cold air from escaping
- Use fans instead of AC whenever possible
- Limit use of heavy load appliances like washing machine, and AC during peak hours
- Regularly service your electrical appliances and wiring
Off-Peak Usage to Reduce Bill
- Time your usage of heavy appliances like washing machine, dishwasher, etc. during off-peak hours when per unit rate is lower.
- Prefer running your AC and other appliances more during night time and mornings.
- Avoid usage of multiple appliances together during evening peak load hours.
Load Management and Rebates
- Opt for MEPCO’s load management program for AC. Under this, your AC compressor will run less during peak hours.
- Install a time-of-use meter that can record consumption separately for peak and off-peak hours. This data allows better load management.
- Get rebates and subsidies offered on energy-efficient appliances by switching to inverter AC, 5-star rated refrigerators, etc.
MEPCO provides multiple channels for consumers to reach out for assistance, submit complaints, or provide feedback.
Contact Information for Assistance
- Call Center: MEPCO’s toll-free helpline number is 118. It is open 24/7.
- Email: Customers can email at firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries and support.
- Regional Offices: Visit your nearest regional MEPCO office for in-person assistance and application submission.
Submitting Complaints and Queries
- Call 118 helpline to log a complaint about any issue such as power outage, low voltage, billing error etc.
- Send an email to email@example.com clearly describing the issue and providing account details.
- Register a written complaint at designated consumer service centers.
- Track status of your logged complaint using the reference number.
Customer Safety Guidelines
MEPCO advises customers to observe electrical safety measures such as:
- Ensure proper earthing of outlets and appliances
- Use certified technicians for wiring and meter work
- Beware of broken wires, poles, transformers etc. and report hazardous situations
- Avoid touching poles, substations or disconnected wires
- Educate children not to play near electricity infrastructure