Electricity is an indispensable necessity in our daily lives. LESCO, an acronym for Lahore Electric Supply Company, is a government-owned public limited company responsible for the distribution of electricity in Lahore, Kasur, Nankana Sahib, and Sheikhupura. LESCO Pakistan is committed to delivering high-quality and uninterrupted power supply to its valued customers. In line with technological advancements, LESCO Lahore has introduced an efficient online billing system, facilitating customers to access their bills and make payments conveniently.
Are you concerned about your electricity bills? Energy conservation holds paramount significance in Pakistan. It is crucial for all of us to conserve electricity, not only to safeguard our finances but also to protect the environment. By adopting a few informative tips, you can save both electricity and money. In Pakistan, a significant portion of electricity is generated from crude oil by consumer companies. As fuel prices escalate, electricity costs also rise, leading to additional charges on our bills such as Fuel Price Adjustment (FPA) fee, GST, and electricity Duty on FPA.
LESCO Peak Hours-Avoid Electricity Consumption in this Time Frame
Using electricity cautiously during LESCO’s peak hours, which are from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., can help you reduce your LESCO consumer bill. It is important to note that these are the most expensive periods for electricity consumption. The peak hours for electricity in Pakistan (LESCO) vary according to the month. Below is a breakdown of the electricity peak hours based on the month:
|7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
|6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
|5 p.m to 9 p.m.
|6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
By being mindful of these peak hours and adjusting your electricity usage accordingly, you can effectively manage your energy consumption and potentially decrease your LESCO consumer bill.
Further Tips to Reduce Lesco Electricity Bill
Here are some effective electricity-saving tips to help you reduce your Lesco Bill consumption:
- Turn off unnecessary lights: Make it a habit to switch off lights in rooms that are not in use. This simple step can significantly reduce electricity wastage.
- Use LED bulbs: Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs. LED bulbs consume less electricity and have a longer lifespan.
- Opt for LED TVs: Consider using LED TVs instead of other types of televisions. LED TVs are more energy-efficient and can help reduce your electricity consumption.
- Power off unused electrical appliances: Switch off electrical appliances when they are not in use. Many devices consume electricity even in standby mode, so it’s important to power them off completely.
- Choose inverter ACs: If possible, opt for inverter air conditioners instead of conventional ACs. Inverter ACs are designed to be more energy-efficient, resulting in lower electricity consumption.
- Utilize natural lighting: Take advantage of natural light during the day by opening curtains and blinds. This will reduce the need for artificial lighting and save electricity. Additionally, natural light has a positive impact on our well-being.
- Use energy-efficient ceiling fans: Install energy-efficient ceiling fans, preferably those with star ratings. These fans consume less power while providing adequate air circulation.
- Minimize electricity usage during peak hours: Reduce your electricity consumption during peak hours when LESCO tariffs are automatically higher. By being mindful of your energy usage during these hours, you can save on your electricity bill.
- Optimize heating and cooling: Place outdoor units of air conditioners in shaded areas to enhance cooling efficiency. Seal doors and windows properly to maintain optimal indoor temperature and minimize energy waste.
- Use energy-saving equipment in industries: Employ energy-saving practices and equipment in industrial settings to reduce electricity consumption.
- Invest in good-quality cables: Use high-quality cables for electrical connections. Quality cables minimize energy loss and result in efficient electricity transmission.
- Purchase energy-efficient appliances: When buying electrical appliances, choose models with energy-efficient ratings. These appliances are designed to consume less electricity, helping you save on energy bills in the long run.
- Educate your family members: Raise awareness among your family members about the importance of electricity conservation. Encourage them to turn off lights when leaving a room, as these small actions can make a significant difference in your electricity bill.
- Utilize power-saving features: Make use of power-saving features available in your appliances. Activate energy-saving modes on devices such as computers to minimize electricity consumption.
- Optimize refrigerator usage: Ensure that the refrigerator’s door is properly sealed to prevent cold air leakage. Regularly maintain and clean the refrigerator to optimize cooling efficiency and save electricity.
By implementing these electricity-saving tips, you can contribute to energy conservation, reduce your electricity consumption, and lower your electricity bills.
Understand LESCO Bill
Understanding the components of your LESCO electricity bill is vital for managing your energy consumption and budgeting your expenses effectively. By familiarizing yourself with the various elements included in the bill, you can gain a better understanding of your electricity charges. However, it is important to note that some customers have expressed dissatisfaction with LESCO due to occasional disruptions in certain areas of Lahore. Reports of prolonged power outages have been raised by consumers, highlighting the issue of load shedding as a nationwide problem. It is essential for LESCO to address these concerns and work towards improving the situation in these areas.
How to Check LESCO Duplicate Bill
If you have lost your bill and need a copy of it, don’t worry about it. You can get your lost bill here: LESCO online bill. In any case, if you do not receive your LESCO consumer bill, don’t hassle; just put your Reference Number in the form and download your LESCO bill online. You can check your bill easily and print your LESCO bill.
Simply follow these steps to check your LESCO electric bill:
- Check the Reference Number on your bill and put it in the area on our website.
- It will give you a LESCO duplicate bill print.
- Print the LESCO online bill.
Where to Pay Lesco’s Electricity Bill
You can pay your LESCO bill online as well. Just open your bank application, and by entering your reference number, you will easily pay your electricity bills at home with just a single click. Here are some banks that are given below:
- Allied Bank
- Askari Bank
- Faysal Bank
- Habib Bank Limited
- Meezan Bank
- Muslim Commercial Bank
- Soneri Bank
- Summit Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
You can also pay your bills through your mobile applications of all the above-mentioned banks.
What is Lesco Bill Unit Price- General Tariff Supply For Residential Bills
|FIXED CHARGES Rs/kW/M
|Uniform Determined without PYA VARIABLE CHARGES Rs/kWh
|GOP Applicable w.e.f Oct 2022 onwards CHARGES Rs./kWh
|For sanctioned load less than 5 kW
|Up to 50 Units – Life Line
|51-100 Units – Life Line
|001 – 100 Units
|101 – 200 Units
|001 – 100 Units
|101 – 200 Units
|201 – 300 Units
|501 – 600 Units
|Above 700 Units
|For Sanctioned load 5 kW & above
You can check the latest LESCO tariff here. Just check the peak-hour tariff. So it’s necessary to follow the tips and save on your electricity bill and money. Try to consume less electricity during peak hours. These things are mentioned on your bills, as are units consumed during peak hours. So try to conserve power and save your money.